Tuesday, August 16, 2011

two eyes are better than one

6" x 6" oil on gessoed panel
~inspired by Johansson's Eye Chair and Odilon Redon's "The Eye
Like a Strange Balloon Mounts Toward Infinity"~

sold

A little note about today's painting:

First, this painting concludes my transportation theme with a hot air
balloon! Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

But more importantly, Two Eyes Are Better Than One celebrates the
recovery of my right eye! For anyone who has purchased one of my
paintings in the past two months you can dazzle your guests with this
fact at your next dinner party...  While your friends are admiring
your collection, exclaiming "Oh my, look at these beautiful paintings,
and what detail!" You can say, "And to think, she painted it with just one eye."

No comments: